Wha can be the causes of having an irritated nose?
CAN’T YOU WIPE YOUR NOSE WITH A HANDKERCHIEF FOR FEELING DISCOMFORT THESE CAN BE THE CAUSES OF WHY YOU HAVE AN IRRITATED NOSE.
If thinking about cleaning your nose with a handkerchief scares you, you know what we are talking about: discomfort, burning, redness, sometimes itching, others, pain, etc. They are some of the symptoms of nasal irritation that are mainly associated with colds and allergies. However, they can also have other causes.
The irritation of the nose is an unpleasant sensation, very annoying and uncomfortable that few people – or maybe none – will have gotten rid of.
In addition, nasal irritation is often an aesthetic problem , since the entire area reddens, dries out, flakes and can even crack.
CAUSES OF NASAL IRRITATION
These two so frequent pathologies, especially in winter, cause nasal congestion and abundant mucus. This results in us sounding very frequently, causing skin irritation and peeling.
Allergic rhinitis is one of the most frequent forms of respiratory allergy, and it presents with a prolonged nasal drip. This makes us sound more often, drying out the skin, making it more sensitive and irritating it.
The sinusitis is one of the pathologies that are accompanied by mucus and nasal need sounded. Therefore, it can become the cause of an irritation of the area.
RUBBING AND SMALL WOUNDS
Any element that causes us to rub in the area may be the source of an irritation: winter scarves, windproof sports panties used in outdoor sports, etc.
Also the appearance of a wound or cut can cause irritation of the entire area.
The nose is not an area that we usually worry about especially when hydrating. However, it is a very exposed area that also requires proper care.
HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING
Both heating and air conditioning equipment usually produce a dry environment that affects the skin and mucous membranes, not just the nasal.
Air, wind, cold, sudden temperature changes, excessive solar radiation, etc. All of them are a source of possible skin irritation, and that of the nose is no exception.
POLLUTION AND TOBACCO
Tobacco smoke contains numerous toxic and irritating substances that especially affect the nasal area when breathed.
The pollutants present in the air of our cities can also cause skin irritations.
HOW CAN YOU PREVENT IRRITATION?
Because it is better not only to remember Santa Barbara when it thunders , get ahead and avoid irritation:
- Take care of the environment, especially if you have an allergy, eliminating substances that affect you as much as possible.
- If you have a pathology, follow the treatment that your doctor has prescribed to control it.
- Try to keep your defenses strong . This will make it harder for you to get sick and congestion, mucus and all the symptoms that will irritate your nose.
- Blow gently . Be delicate when cleaning your nose,
- Avoid tissues that, while very comfortable and more hygienic, also dry and irritate the skin more easily. The use of cloth scarves that are softer with the skin is preferable.
- Maintain adequate hydration in the area. Do not leave the balm or nasal moisturizer just for when the problem has already appeared.
- Also hydrate inside . Do not forget your 8 glasses of water, infusions, calditos, etc.
TIPS FOR CARING FOR AN IRRITATED NOSE
Care for an irritated nose is similar to what we should do if there are wounds:
- Proper hygiene of the nose with warm water , no hot water, and mild soap that does not increase irritation.
- Do not dry your nose dragging, do it with a soft towel or gauze and with light touches.
- With dry skin, apply a balm or ointment that is moisturizing and repairing. Repeat the application every time you have to sound.
- Avoid touching your nose . The rubbing with the hands, the handkerchief or anything else will still cause you more irritation. In addition, the hands are usually a good source of germs that could aggravate the irritation causing infection .
- If you have to sound yourself, do it as smoothly as possible. Better to soft touches than dragging and squeezing the nose with the handkerchief.
- To avoid environmental dryness , use humidifiers or steam baths.
- Hydrate properly, inside drinking water or infusions and outside with specific products for the nose area.
- If the redness bothers you, you can camouflage it using a bit of concealer, makeup or a colored moisturizer .
Do not forget to take care of your nose, keep it clean and hydrated. This way you will avoid these annoying symptoms so characteristic of autumn and winter.